Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Life Out of Control

I am so struggling right now with staying on top of everything. It seems my mind is a jumble of schedules and to do lists and ideas and I feel like I can't get to the top of the mountain to stay in control! I'm a right brainer and organization is not my forte'.The kids are way over booked this spring and the thing that scares me the most is that the youngest is not even in any extra curricular activities. Yikes! What will happen then?

What happened to my one activity per kid plan? Bailey is now in 3 sports as she has just made the High School Cheer team and practice starts tonight! She hasn't even finished 8th grade! So that makes 3 at once with Track, Softball, and Cheer. Lukily she stays on top of her homework and just landed her 1st 4.0! Max our sports fanatic is playing soccer and baseball and with all the rain, which the plants love, we have so many rescheduled games. Sat in the pouring rain last night to watch the team work so hard and lose due to weather conditions and a really poor ref. Luckily the boys were all as gracious as we parents have taught them to be and walked away with their heads held high. Quinn the next one in line has switched to soccer this year and loves it! He's our man on wheels always running and so fast! He's a little bo-legged still after spend a few years in leg braces for tibia torsion, but boy does that make him go! Poor little man Tate gets dragged along more than he wants unfortunately, as he's our resident homebody, but luckily Baba is coming to the rescue tonight so he won't have to come along. Thank goodness for my mother-in-law. Couldn't do half of what I do without her!

Have to say I'm hoping for a rain date again tonight, just to let life slow down and stay under control. How do you stay in control? I'm definitely going back to the 1 sport plan next fall but with a kindergartener, 3rd grader, 6th grader (first year in middle school) and a freshman in high school I'm sure we will still be stuggling with the schedule! Second plan is to make the to do list and actually follow it everyday to stay in control. Third plan is to learn how to let the apron strings hang a little looser and give the kids more responsibility. Yep, thats the plan! I'll let you know how it works.

PS Did I tell you my husband is coaching the baseball team this spring, leaving on a business trip next week and it's Max's 11th birthday on Saturday?

No comments:

Post a Comment