Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A New Kind of Special Dress

Remember when you were little and you went shopping with Mom for that special dress for a holiday or wedding and how you felt like a princess wearing it? Well I was just lamenting the other day how my little girl is so past special dresses. It's cute T's and jeans on her curvy teenage body and a role of the eye when I suggest dressing up for church. Well last weekend we were invited (Thank you Kim!) by my dear friend and her daughter who happens to be my daughter's friend to go shopping for confirmation dresses. It was such a memory maker with the girls lined up all in a row in the dressing rooms and stepping out to shyly model each dress they tried on. We managed to find perfect dresses and sandals for both. Now Bailey's dress hangs waiting to be worn for Saturday's confirmation dinner and I know she can't wait to wear it. She looks as special as she feels in it. Hopefully her brothers, the 3 stooges, will understand this momentous occasion and allow her to bask in the glory of it, but somehow I am in doubt.
I would love to show you pictures, but you'll have to let your imagination run as my camera is being temperamental and not allowing me to post pictures. I can't wait to share them with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment